Anthony Burgess, A Clockwork Orange App (London: Penguin, 2012)
- User-friendly cog interface.
- All content fully tagged.
- Restored edition of text with two introductions (Andrew Biswell and Martin Amis) and editorial annotation.
- Full 1961 typescript.
- Extensive glossary.
- Exclusive archival material from the International Anthony Burgess Foundation and Random House.
- Audio clips of Burgess reading from novel and in interview.
- Full audio book narrated by Tom Hollander.
- Readings from novel are synchronised with the text.
- Exclusive videos of Burgess scholars and famous fans discussing the novel.
- Interviews, essays and commentary by Burgess and others.
T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land App (London: Faber, 2011)
- Video performance of entire poem by Fiona Shaw, synchronised to the text.
- Complete audio recordings of the poem, all synchronised to the text, by T.S. Eliot, Ted Hughes, Alec Guinness, Viggo Mortensen, and Jeremy Irons with Eileen Atkins.
- Comprehensive interactive notes.
- Navigation tool.
- Video perspective by experts including Seamus Heaney and Jeanette Winterson.
- Original manuscript with Ezra Pound’s annotation.
Jack Kerouac, On the Road: Amplified Edition (New York: Penguin, 2011)
- Photographs from Kerouac’s estate, and of the Beat generation.
- Audio clips of Kerouac reading from the novel.
- Documentary footage of Beat sharing their views about Kerouac.
- Pages from the journals Kerouac kept when he was on the road and notes for the composition of the novel.
- Reproductions of the first draft of the novel from the original 120ft scroll, later typescripts with corrections from Kerouac and his editors.
- Slideshow of cover art.
- Collection of original reviews.
- Tributes to Kerouac by artists such as John Updike and Bob Dylan.
- Documents from the archives at Viking, including correspondence between Kerouac and the editors.
- Side-by-side comparison of the original scroll and the published text.
- An introduction by Beat scholar Howard Cunnell.
- Interactive map of the trips taken by the novel’s characters.
- Complete text of the 1957 version of the novel, with biographies of the inspirations behind the characters and notes on the places visited in the novel.
- Detailed biography of Kerouac.
- Articles by Kerouac.
- Bibliography of further reading.
- Book navigation features (text search; bookmarks; page turning)
- Sidebar annotations can be hidden.
- Archival manuscripts can be manipulated with touch controls.
Michael Morpurgo, War Horse App (London: Edgmont, 2012)
- Interactive timeline of key events of World War I with pictures, letters, quotes and poems.
- 80-minute video performance by the author and a folk band. Synchronised to the original script.
- Author and six experts give insight into life in the trenches via 35 video discussions.
- New illustrations.
- Unabridged audiobook with text synchronisation.
- Interactive world map.
- 3D rotations of WWI objects.
- Videos can be streamed on Apple TV.
William Shakespeare, Shakespeare’s Sonnets App (London: Touch Press, 2012)
- Filmed performances of all 154 sonnets by Shakespearian actors and experts.
- Complete Arden edition of the sonnets and A Lover’s Complaint.
- Complete Arden Shakespeare notes and introduction, fully integrated.
- New commentary on the sonnets by Don Paterson.
- Facility for user to add notes.
- High resolution facsimile of the 1609 Quarto.
- Forty interviews with experts.
- Facility to send sonnets to friends by email, Twitter or Facebook.
- Interface based on The Waste Land app.
- Performances can be streamed to Apple TV.
The Exeter Manuscripts Project App (Exeter: Exeter University, in Production)
- Focused on medieval manuscripts.
- Will have a sophisticated user interface, with touch commands that will bring up boxes of supporting material and context.
- Will offer readings in the languages of the manuscripts as well as translations.
- Will have a historical timeline of the Exeter Manuscripts.
- Videos of scholars talking about the manuscripts.
Ebook Treasures Online (London: Armadillo)
- Very similar to Turning the Pages, with the same features, but allows users to purchase individual manuscripts either through the app or through iBooks.