Citizen Science Alliance, Zooniverse (UK/USA: CSA) <www.zooniverse.org> [Accessed 10 November 2014]
- Citizen science project using various crowdsourcing techniques.
- Currently with 25 active projects including focus on Space, Climate, Nature, Humanities and Biology.
- Crowdsourcing tasks include transcription, annotation, ranking, pattern matching and decision tree (i.e. multiple choice identification of galaxies).
National Library of Australia, Trove: Digitised Newspapers (Canberra: NLA) <https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper> [Accessed 10 November 2014]
- Crowdsourcing project to transcribe Australian newspapers and check the accuracy of optical character recognition (OCR) scans.
- High quality black and white images.
- Ability to download PDFs of complete newspapers.
National Library of Wales, Cymru 1914 Project (Aberystwyth: NLW) <http://cymru1914.org/en/> [Accessed 23 October 2014]
- Digital manuscripts, newspapers, correspondence, photographs and more from a range of archives.
- Very high image quality.
- Ability to click on individual articles in the digitised newspapers for a transcript.
- Translation tool for Welsh language papers.
- Not much contextual writing.